There are many creative and unique ways to serve food at your wedding. Here are some ideas:
- Buffet: A traditional buffet-style meal is a popular option for weddings. Guests can choose what they want to eat from a variety of dishes, which can be displayed on a long table or multiple tables.
- Plated dinner: A plated dinner is a more formal option. Guests are seated at tables, and servers bring each course to them. This option allows for a more elegant presentation of the food.
- Family-style dinner: This option is similar to a buffet, but guests are seated at tables, and large platters of food are passed around for everyone to share. It’s a great way to create a sense of community and encourage conversation.
- Food stations: Create different food stations throughout the reception area, each featuring a different type of cuisine. For example, have a taco station, a pasta station, a sushi station, etc.
- Cocktail-style reception: Instead of a formal sit-down meal, serve hors d’oeuvres and small bites throughout the reception. This is a great option for a more casual or intimate wedding.
- Food trucks: If you want a more casual and unique vibe, consider hiring food trucks to serve guests. You could have a variety of trucks offering different types of cuisine.
- Brunch reception: If you’re having a morning or early afternoon wedding, consider serving a brunch-style meal. Think pancakes, waffles, eggs, and bacon.
- Dessert bar: Instead of a traditional wedding cake, set up a dessert bar with a variety of treats like cupcakes, cookies, and macarons.
- Late-night snacks: Keep the party going by serving late-night snacks like sliders, pizza, or french fries.
Overall, the way you serve food at your wedding will depend on your personal preferences, budget, and wedding style. Don’t be afraid to get creative and think outside the box!
As a person who has been to many weddings! And eater are lot of local delights!!! Here are my top 6 favourite mobile caterers.
Bridgetown Pottery Restaurant.
There isn’t anything that Pip & her team can’t do. Whether this is a traditional 3 course sit down dinner or amazing tapas all night!
Share plate dining does not get better than this
Beautiful latin food delivered from a funky little food truck. The perfect festival vibe
Hand-stretched pizza dough, fresh ingredients, and laid-back vibes.
Catering any event, in any cuisine, anywhere in Western Australia – Supper Road is no ordinary food truck. Supper Road is a full-service mobile restaurant.
A meat eater’s heaven!! And some of the best, most tender meat I’ve ever tasted!!
About the Author
Hi, I’m Victoria! And I’m an Elopement & Wedding Photographer, based in Nannup – in the heart of the south west. I know where all the hidden gems are down here, to ensure your photos are nothing short of incredible.
Besides capturing your memories, you can also rely on me to provide you with unconditional support throughout your wedding planning journey and on the day itself. I’ll be your wingwoman, celebrating right by your side from start to finish, I’ve got you!
Get in touch! I can’t wait to hear all about your awesome plans! CONTACT ME!